Friday, March 16, 2012

Kaya goes to Equinox

This weekend we have Equinox 2012, which is going to be one of the larger events on the NZ Tournament calendar. As part of this Chris Baker has organised a massive 32 player WarmaHordes event. Given my events schedule I decided to take the easy option and go with a pKaya list (which has not seen a lot of play recently), which only required that I paint up a single Stalker.

The list:
pKaya
Argus
Feral Warpwolf
Feral Warpwolf
Pureblood Warpwolf
Warpwolf Stalker

Its pretty one dimensional and I figure that I am going to have some serious fury management issues, but who cares, it is a box full of nasty Warpwolves and that sounds like fun to me!

As for the Stalker, I managed to get it finished late last night. I decided to airbrush the skin on which mean that I had a few complications as my brush work is not that tidy resulting in a little bit of over painting, so it is more of a 3ft effort than a closeup one. The skin is basically a dark grey base coat, medium grey highlight, then a light grey highlight focusing on the muscles, then an overall thin black wash to tie it all together. After the event I might give it one final highlight to bring the brightness back up a little, but we will see - there is already way too much on my painting schedule!

Warpwolf Stalker and pKaya

No comments: