- Aeroscout Platoon (4 Loaches)
- Aerorifle Platoon (5 Slicks and 9 MG teams)
- Aeroweapons Platoon (2 Hogs, 2 Cobras and 2 Gatling Cobras)
- Aerial Rocket Artillery Battery (2 Heavy Hogs/Frogs and 2 Heavy Cobras)
- C&C Helicopter (1 Slick)
- Medevac Dustoff (1 Slick)
Monday, April 22, 2013
The Third Tour...
I decided to keep heading down the path of the Air Cav (something about all of those helicopters I guess), but instead of painting them as the 1st Cavalry Division (Airmobile) I picked the Air Troop of the 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment – the Blackhorse Cav. The reasons for this were simple, I could paint up lots of choppers, I could paint up a supporting ACAV platoon with M113s and Sheridans, and finally the Blackhorse Cav were on the front lines in the 1980s holding the Fulda Gap. If something had happened during the days of Reagan, Thatcher, Brezhnev, Andropov and Chernenko these guys would have been up to their ears in Soviets, and as it happened fighting out these theoretical battles was how I cut my teeth with wargaming (along with Napoleonics and WW2).