Monday, August 22, 2011

Call to Arms: Day 2

Day 2 of Call to Arms followed on nicely from day 1. Now you are probably thinking thats a pretty redundant statement given that one day normally follows another, however in the tournament world you cannot guarantee that one days great games (and opponents) will follow through to the next day. In this case.... I am very happy to say that day 2 was just as much fun, and was definitely the icing on the cake!

I faced off (once again in no particular order):
eKaya - she had a massive pile of angry Wolves and basically kept Stealth up through the entire game. Kara and the Triumph put the hurt on, but the Hunters found themselves completely outmatched. We timed out last as a Warpwolf made its way into Kara's face.
pHaley - the Hunters did their thing and scattered which opened up a some firing arcs, Trumph's cannon to Haley's face (although it took a Hunter to finish her off).
Thyra - keen to face off against her as I have a 25pt T4 list that I want to build. Could not target the jacks thanks to the Choir so I worked over the support units. Managed to get the Hunters round the flanks and put 4 shots into Thyra (1 missed), and still she lived. Cornered her hiding behind a heavy jack that was 1 Defender shot from death, and with Kara ready to deliver the double tap when an unfortunate continuous fire effect killed Kara.

So.... 7 games, 1 win.... not a great record, but I finished with the rather comforting thought that I would have killed Rasheth if I had thought about it a little harder (even with -1 dice on ranged attacks, 3 non-boosted shots from Hunters, and a further 3 boosted should have put him on the ground) and the dice just not being with me against Thyra, and I think I would have had a pretty respectable result.

However there is definitely something to be said for having a great weekend, playing a bunch of great people and generally having fun, because not only is that a reward in itself, but sometimes you get recognised by your peers...
Sean (our awesome organiser) presenting Alex McEwan and I with the Exemplar (i.e. Sportsmanship) Award after we tied on player votes.
The trophies up for grabs (made by Sean) - they are as heavy as they look!
So, now its on to the Guardcon Battlebox tournament in October, then the debate about either adding to Kara or Karchev (or maybe Kaya since I have three Warpwolves and three Argus painted already...) to get a 50 point force ready for Rallypoint?!?!?!

Or maybe I should knock off my Dystopian Wars stuff before I start on yet another project...



No comments: