Thursday, October 20, 2011

WIP Week - The Results

So last week I made an effort to look through all my "In progress" projects and see if I could push each one of the forward and reignite the interest that made me start them in the first place. Surprisingly it was a success... so much so that I think next year I will do it again. Whilst some may say that splitting my attention over a bunch of projects meant that nothing with finished, to my mind it meant that something got done, and in a couple of cases I either came dangerously close to finishing the projects, or found the impetus to push on with them in the near future.

I thought I would show off two of my "successful" WIP Week projects:

Rasputina and her Malifaux gang - I've previously shown photos of her "friends" and over the weekend I finished the lady herself. I have 1 figure left to do and then 100% of my Malifaux stuff is painted. With a bit of luck I'll get that done over this coming long weekend.
Force on Force US Marines - as I mentioned before I have some cool 20mm figures from Elheim and thanks to the painting guide in one of their books, I managed to knock this test Fire Team out in an hour or two over the course of a couple of nights. They are a little rough in places but they are perfectly good for my needs... and given I need to paint another 30-40 Marines and a bunch of opposition guys I'm pretty happy with the final result.

Where too from here? I need to work on an Italian Garrison force for our Iron Painter event at FlamesCon 2011 in a month, so I need to get them cleaned up and based over the next few weeks. I am going to order the rest of my Marines today or tomorrow... and now that I know how quickly I can do them I am pretty inspired. Lastly I am going to make some Ice Columns for Rasputina, I just need to buy a set of the GF9 Battlefield in a Box Ice Crystals and away we go!

2 comments:

Kiwicolourstudio@gmail.com said...

nice mate, Rasputina is looking great.

Scary Biscuits said...

Alright! Lets roll!