Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Israeli M48 Magach WIP

After spending a little time today mulling over Israeli tank colours, I ended up deciding to go with option two (Buff and Medium Grey). I am not 100% convinced I have the colour right, but I think it will look the part, quite grey, yet still quite warm. I've done a little more work tonight since these photos, hit the test vehicle with a heavy drybrush to even out the magic wash, finished the tracks and road wheels etc. I still need to do a little work trying to track down some decals. Dave over at I-94 has some, but I am not 100% convinced that he has what I need - of course an email or two will sort that out.I also need to do a little research on the markings and specifically if there are any air recognition symbols I should be painting on.


M48 Magach basecoated
I've still go to hit it with 2 or 3 layers of sand coloured drybrushes but I'll wait till I have the decals I think. When deployed out in the field tanks very very dirty, very quickly, especially out in the Golan Heights or Sinai desert. But I am pretty happy with where it is so far. Just need to knock out the other 7 (and some M113s).

With a bit of luck I'll have some more photos tomorrow, along with some WIP photos of my French infantry.

1 comment:

deathkorps said...

Already looking sexy dude. Love the color, and looking forward to the markings, weathing, and other goodness...