Friday, May 18, 2012

Flames of War Mid War GT 2012

T-26 in 3 colour camo - thanks to http://www.o5m6.de/
Twas the night before the Mid War GT
When all through the house
Not a creature was stirring
Not even a mouse

In the figure case tanks lay
Put there with care
Painted and varnished
They would fight like a bear

When out in the lounge
There arose such a clatter
Oh darn... I've forgotten to put some decals on he said!...

During the Iron Painter event at work I managed to complete about half the force, and as it was I managed to go so close to finishing off the army with plenty of time to spare only to stumble at the last hurdle. Luckily my wife asked me a question about 45 minutes ago which reminded me of the 3 small jobs I had still to do. So here we are 10 hours before the GT, 2 jobs down leaving one last job to do - varnish my T-26s.
KV in process (left) and finished (right)
Luckily for me I love the smell of Moana (the worlds best varnish) in the morning and since it dries in about 5 minutes I can complete that final job first thing tomorrow morning. 


As for the army list - here you go:
Light Tankovy Companies 
10x T-26S obr 1939: 205 points.
9x T-26S obr 1939: 190 points.

Heavy Tankovy Company

 6x KV-1e: 620 points.

Tankovy Anti-tank Company

 4x 76mm ZIS3 guns: 130 points.
 
Light Armoured Car Platoon
 3x BA-64 75 points

Armoured Car Company

 10x BA-10M: 310 points

Sporadic Air Support

 I-153: 90 points.


Total Points: 1620 points

The plan is to use the KVs to lead the charge, T26s will protect the flanks whilst the BA-10s use their mobility and lack of Hen & Chicks to be my mobile force. The ZIS-3s can hopefully protect an objective and the air support will take out German Tigers.... or at least that is the plan. I'll let you know how it goes next week....





No comments: