Sunday, November 4, 2012

Death of a Jedi

Popped out to TCOW (That Club Out West) this afternoon for another game of X-Wing. Ended up having a game verses Rob and his rather fantastic home made fighters. I took the same squadron as last time with Vader and 4 friends in Tie Fighters, Rob took 3 X-Wings (including Luke) and a Y-Wing (Mr Salami). He purposely went for the extra X-Wing over upgrades trying to even up the numbers.

Lining up, Backstabber takes the flank whilst the rest goes up the middle
Both sides close.
Backstabber breaks to the right a little early, but Vader is about to claim his first kill.
The furball begins and a Y-Wing finds itself in trouble.
Koiogran Turns are the order of the day as both sides pass through each other and turn for another run.
The furball continues with both sides trading shots and an X-Wing is caught in the crossfire.
Vader lines up Luke... but the Force is strong in that one and Vader misses.
Luke puts some distance on the Imperial fighters and turns for a final pass.
Unfortunately his turn puts him in the middle of a nest of Tie Fighters. Vader watches his son...
It was an outstanding match up, this time Vader managed to come out on top with a little more luck on the dice front and better use of their numbers to put the hurt on one fighter at a time. I was also a little fortunate that Rob ran out of points to put an Ion Cannon on the Y-Wing as those things are definitely my nemesis!

I am still looking for a good (and budget) miniature storage option, although I think I might end up with my old favourite, the Filemaster A4 Storage box with some non-slip mat. I keep looking at the cool foam trays that are on sale and they all seem a little over-kill on the $ front, so the hunt will contine.

I also need to sit down a work out a good Rebel fleet - I liked Robs force but I think I will go for 2 X-Wings and a Y-Wing, all pimped out to one extent or another - if you cannot beat the Ion Cannon club, join 'em I say! 

1 comment:

The Kiwi said...

Had a very quick game of this recently and it was fun.
Definitely looking at getting some toys.
Cheers